I am using maven 3.0.3

I have tried adding the ant jars to the maven project itself, but that
yielded no results may be because the maven project does not compile any
java files itself, it delegates the responsibility to Ant via AntRun.

Wayne Fay wrote:
>  I don't know why you have those as plugin dependencies unless the PLUGIN
> itself requires those artifacts for it to function.

This is jruby code that I downloaded as a zip and it compiles fine as a
stand alone. The actual maven project itself doesn't compile any java
classes, so, no ant dependencies for the maven project. I am trying to unzip
the jruby zip file and build it using this maven project. Basically trying
to create apply some patches to the juby code. So, by my understanding there
is no scope for the dependencies to go missing, but the fact is they are
missing when the ant build is triggered. So I tried adding the jars to
plugin hoping that maven will serve these via antrun to ant build. I know
there is a fallacy in understanding here but I am unable to see it.

Thanks
Venkat