Hi,

I'm using Maven 2.2.1 and  Nexus 1.7.2. Nexus is configured as an internal
repository manager with a single nexus group to external repository such as
maven central.

Running mvn site, I'm getting the following error:

[DEBUG] Wagons to register: [https, scp, https-httpclient, scpexe, sftp,
http-lightweight, dav+https, http-httpclient, https-lightweight, dav+http,
http, file,davs, dav]
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Pricing Project
[INFO]    task-segment: [site:site]
[INFO]
[DEBUG] maven-javadoc-plugin: resolved to version 2.8.1-SNAPSHOT from
repository central
[DEBUG] Skipping disabled repository central
[DEBUG] maven-javadoc-plugin: using locally installed snapshot
[DEBUG] Skipping disabled repository central
[DEBUG] Using mirror:
http://hkgpsm020000420:8081/nexus/content/groups/public (id: pub-repo)
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin

Reason: Error getting POM for
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin' from the repository: Failed
to resolve artifact, possibly due to a repository list
 that is not appropriately equipped for this artifact's metadata.
  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin:pom:2.8.1-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  pub-repo (http://hkgpsm020000420:8081/nexus/content/groups/public)

 for project org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin

The download of the required dependencies is working as expected. Only the
plugins are not retrieved from the internal repository. Any ideas?

Thanks.