> > I've refactored my ant-based library into maven based one, but I've
> > encounter the same issue reported as the blocker here:
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSHARED-182

> This is actually a plexus-archiver issue.
> I noticed they're using lowercased names for the keys
> I don't know about such spec of manifest entries, but I guess they had
> a reason for it.

Thanks for the info, I've additionally found this spec:
http://download.oracle.com/javase/1,5.0/docs/guide/jar/jar.html

"Attribute names are case insensitive. Programs which generate manifest and
signature files should use the cases shown in this specification however."

After several tests I finally read the error message carefully: Specify the
section name using the "name" attribute of the <section> element rather than
using a "Name" manifest attribute
which signalled I do my customization in wrong way.

When I changed the original:
<manifestEntries>
        <Name>package/font.ttf</Name>
      <Content-type>application/x-font</Content-type>
</manifestEntries>

to new
<manifestSections>
    <manifestSection>
        <name>package/font.ttf</name>
        <manifestEntries>
            <Content-type>application/x-font</Content-type>
        </manifestEntries>
    </manifestSection>
</manifestSections>

it works as expected !!!