On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 6:35 AM, Paolo Castagna
<castagna.li...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to include  the *-sources.jar in a lib-src/ directory in my
> binary distribution (done via assembly) [1].
> The reason why I'd like to include the *-sources.jar in the binary
> distribution is because people using IDEs (and not Maven) can point at
> them and browse the sources of our modules.
>
> I tried doing this in my assembly-binary.xml [2] but I don't
> understand why is not working as I would expect:
>
>      <binaries>
>        <outputDirectory>lib</outputDirectory>
>        <unpack>false</unpack>
>        <dependencySets>
>          <dependencySet>
>            <outputDirectory>lib</outputDirectory>
>          </dependencySet>
>          <dependencySet>
>            <outputDirectory>lib-src</outputDirectory>
>            <includes>
>              <include>*:sources</include>
>            </includes>
>          </dependencySet>
>        </dependencySets>
>      </binaries>
>
> Can you help me?

have you verified that
              <include>*:sources</include>
is correct?

According to
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/component.html#class_binaries
"(Many) When <exclude> subelements are present, they define a set of
dependency artifact coordinates to exclude. If none is present, then
<excludes> represents no exclusions. Artifact coordinatess may be
given in simple groupId:artifactId form, or they may be fully
qualified in the form groupId:artifactId:type:version[:classifier].
Additionally, wildcards can be used, as in *:maven-*"

Classifiers are sometimes tricky, I find you need to explicitly list
them as the default is that it is empty.

Try
  mygroup:myartifact:*:sources

And fiddle around.

When you work it out, cosnider updating the documentation so your
wisdom can benefit others.