I've worked out some kinks just to find another kink
i entered (java -cp target/MavenTestApp-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.JasnThomas.ShadowInnovations) and the message i got was could not find
or load main class org.JasonThomas.ShadowInnovations  and the folder is
clearly in the right path
src/main/java/org/JasonThomas/ShadowInnovations/App.java

how is this possible when the folder is clearly there

p.s. sorry i'm posting so much I'm just trying to get started quickly -
losing time on actually programing messing around with all this but i gotta
learn it.