Tell me if I am wrong Xavier, but I think that what he would like to do is perform something special when the tests fail, not just skip them or not fail the build. My guess would be that he is expecting some kind of "on failure"/"on tests failure" phase where he could attach other maven plugins to perform alternate behaviour.

Unfortunately I have no idea on how this could be done. Probably using Ant or by writing your own plugin, but I find both solutions quite poor. Maybe Maven is not the tool to be used to perform this. Although you can do a lot of things with Maven, sometimes bending its original objectives too far away is just cumbersome and counter-productive /(not sure this english, btw).

/Cheers,
Guillaume