Hmm, intriguing but not working in my case which is a jar, not a war or ear. This is standalone java app.

I've tried
getResourceAsStream("META_INF/MANIFEST.MF") and
getResourceAsStream("/META_INF/MANIFEST.MF") without success even though I've verified that the file exists in the jar,

How does one read the manifest from an executable jar?