Thanks, I somehow missed completionGoals before.

However, it doesn't really seem to do what's necessary. Looking at my
build log, I can see that the source code is being tagged and
committed before completionGoals runs.

Not to mention that I'm not sure scm:add is the right command, since
my .properties file already exists in the repository. Looking at
scm:checkin.