Hi,

I'm using Maven to install two pieces of Software on several testing
machines.
I defined a profile in the settings.xml of every machine for every
Software-OS-Arch combination I try to test.
If the correct profile is activated, several properties are set, to identify
the correct artifact to download from the nexus repository, to set the
correct setup-executable and the correct installation directory, which are
used later by a POM to install the right version of the right software to
the specified directory. All with one POM and just different profiles in
settings.xml.

My profiles look like the following:

<profile>
        <id>win_32_cadenza</id>
        <activation>
                <os>
                        <family>Windows</family>
                        <arch>x86</arch>
                </os>
                <property>
                      <name>environment</name>
                      <value>CadenzaCD</value>
                </property>
        </activation>
        <properties>
                <classifier>WIN32</classifier>
               <responseFile>response_win32.varfile</responseFile>
                <setupExecutable>Setup-Windows.exe</setupExecutable>
                <installationDir>Cadenza autodeploy</installationDir>
        </properties>
</profile>

The other profiles are nearly identical, but they are activated by
<arch>amd64</arch> (or x64) for example and a different environment value
(GISterm) for the other software.

My problem is, that more than one of these profiles is activated.
Windows-machine!

I test it, with mvn help:active-profiles -Denvironment=CadenzaCD.
Response is:

 - nexus (source: settings.xml)
 - win_32_cadenza (source: settings.xml)
 - win_32_gisterm (source: settings.xml)
 - win_amd64_cadenza (source: settings.xml)
 - win_x64_cadenza (source: settings.xml)
 - linux_cadenza (source: settings.xml)

An interesting thing is, that on the win-32bit-machine both
software-profiles (Cadenza and GISterm) are activated (even I set the
property to CadenzaCD and NOT GIStermCD), while the other profiles (which
should definitely not run on a windows-32-bit machine) only list the
Cadenza-Profiles.

Can anybody explain this behaviour to me?

Thanks.
Benjamin