Am 20.01.2012 10:32, schrieb Stephen Connolly:
It cannot.

That is part of the spec for the layout of a Maven repository.

Is there a way to embed the unique version string into the JAR manifest then? If I test an application with a snapshot jar I want stick with that specific version when deploying the application later. This should be done automatically.

1. Do some automatic test, if they succeed gather the unique version number.
2. At deploy time use the last successful timestamp.

Maybe someone could help me with that... :-)

regards

Thomas

-Stephen