I'm using the maven-exec-plugin to run a process that produces a binary
executable, let's call it "myBin.run"  I would like to treat this as my maven
artifact, i.e. have it deployed to my nexus repository during the deploy phase.
 What's the best way to do this?

The deploy:deploy mojo seems like it might work, but it doesn't appear to have
the configuration that would allow me to tell it about my custom artifact file.

The deploy:deploy-file mojo has those configurations, but the docs make it
sound as if it's to be used outside the scope of an actual maven build.

Advice?  Other options?