Hi,

Does someone have a working configuration for deploying artifacts to a dav
repository from behind a proxy with Maven 2.2.1 AND Maven 3.0.x?

Currently I only managed to have something working with Maven 3.0.x but I still
have the polluting message:
SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further
details.
(not a bloquer but annoying for users)

No solution seems to work with Maven 2.2.1.

<------------------ FIRST TRY -------------------------->

My company uses an http proxy so in my settings.xml I have something like:
        <proxy>
            <id>myproxy</id>
            <active>true</active>
            <protocol>http</protocol>
            <username>user</username>
            <password>pwd</password>
            <host>proxy.mycompany.fr</host>
            <port>3128</port>
            <nonProxyHosts>localhost,*.mycompany.fr</nonProxyHosts>
        </proxy>

In my parent pom the version of the maven-deploy-plugin is set to 2.7.

Fail with Maven 2.2.1:
[INFO] [deploy:deploy {execution: default-deploy}]
[INFO] Retrieving previous build number from codehaus.org
[DEBUG] Checking for pre-existing User-Agent configuration.
[DEBUG] Adding User-Agent configuration.
[DEBUG] Connecting to repository: 'codehaus.org' with url:
'dav:https://dav.codehaus.org/snapshots.repository/sonar-plugins';.
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Error retrieving previous build number for artifact
'org.codehaus.sonar-plugins:sonar-violationdensity-plugin:sonar-plugin':
repository metadata for: 'snapshot
org.codehaus.sonar-plugins:sonar-violationdensity-plugin:1.3-SNAPSHOT' could
not be retrieved from repository: codehaus.org due to an error: dav.codehaus.org

[...]
Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: dav.codehaus.org
        at
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:175)
        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:384)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.connect(SSLSocketImpl.java:584)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.<init>(SSLSocketImpl.java:426)
        at
sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketFactoryImpl.createSocket(SSLSocketFactoryImpl.java:142)
        at
hidden.org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.SSLProtocolSocketFactory.createSocket(SSLProtocolSocketFactory.java:81)
        at
hidden.org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.SSLProtocolSocketFactory.createSocket(SSLProtocolSocketFactory.java:126)
        at
hidden.org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.open(HttpConnection.java:706)
        at
hidden.org.apache.commons.httpclient.MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager$HttpConnectionAdapter.open(MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager.java:1321)
        at
hidden.org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(HttpMethodDirector.java:386)
        at
hidden.org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMethodDirector.java:170)
        at
hidden.org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:396)
        at
hidden.org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:324)
        at
org.apache.maven.wagon.shared.http.AbstractHttpClientWagon.execute(AbstractHttpClientWagon.java:446)
        at
org.apache.maven.wagon.shared.http.AbstractHttpClientWagon.fillInputData(AbstractHttpClientWagon.java:561)

Fail with Maven 3.0.4:
Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.transfer.NoRepositoryConnectorException: No
connector available to access repository codehaus.org
(dav:https://dav.codehaus.org/snapshots.repository/sonar-plugins) of type
default using the available factories WagonRepositoryConnectorFactory
        at
org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultRemoteRepositoryManager.getRepositoryConnector(DefaultRemoteRepositoryManager.java:400)
        at
org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultDeployer.deploy(DefaultDeployer.java:231)
        ... 26 more

<------------------ SECOND TRY -------------------------->

So I have added the webdav wagon extension in my parent pom:
      <extension>
        <groupId>org.apache.maven.wagon</groupId>
        <artifactId>wagon-webdav-jackrabbit</artifactId>
        <version>2.2</version>
      </extension>

Fail with Maven 2.2.1:
[INFO] [deploy:deploy {execution: default-deploy}]
[INFO] Retrieving previous build number from codehaus.org
SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further
details.
[...]
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder

Success with Maven 3.0.4 but display warning:
SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further
details.

<------------------ THIRD TRY -------------------------->

Finally I tried to follow an advice from the
ML: http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@maven.apache.org/msg91107.html
So I have added:
      <extension>
        <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
        <artifactId>slf4j-nop</artifactId>
        <version>1.5.11</version>
      </extension>
to my parent pom.

[...]
org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.SSLProtocolSocketFactory.createSocket(SSLProtocolSocketFactory.java:82)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.SSLProtocolSocketFactory.createSocket(SSLProtocolSocketFactory.java:127)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.open(HttpConnection.java:707)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager$HttpConnectionAdapter.open(MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager.java:1361)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(HttpMethodDirector.java:387)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMethodDirector.java:171)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:397)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:323)
        at
org.apache.maven.wagon.shared.http.AbstractHttpClientWagon.execute(AbstractHttpClientWagon.java:464)
        at
org.apache.maven.wagon.shared.http.AbstractHttpClientWagon.fillInputData(AbstractHttpClientWagon.java:588)
        ... 32 more

For me it seems proxy informations are not used by the wagon with Maven 2.2.1.

With Maven 3.0.4 I still have the warning message :
SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder"

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks

Julien