> I created one webservice and i am applying <version>5</version> and we
> are using Jboss 5.1.2EA version.
>
> And it's not able to generate WSDL if i apply DOCTYPE tag over there.
> If i remove that tag from jboss-app.xml it's working all right...

Talk to the JBoss folks about that. Sounds like a bug on their side.

> And another reason is if we change the Jboss version from 5.1.2EA to
> 6.0EA at that time also we have to change all our projects to apply
> version change in the POM file.

This is most likely not true. The DOCTYPE simply says "this file
conforms to the following specification and version." There is nothing
which prevents JBoss v6 from accepting a JBoss v5 configuration file
-- many times app servers will intentionally accept older versions of
files to prevent such headaches and then internally up-convert the
file to the new format in memory or on disk during deployment. Again,
I'd talk to the JBoss folks about this to confirm this is actually
required.

If you really want to remove the DOCTYPE, you will need to hack the
plugin to remove it, then make that an on/off configuration option.

Wayne