On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 6:10 PM, Jörg Schaible
<joerg.schai...@scalaris.com> wrote:
> Leon Rosenberg wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have following question, I don't quite understand how to solve
>> properly. I have 3 projects, A,B and C.
>> A depends on B and C, and B depends on C.
>>
>> A requires at least C version 1.06. However, after a while C got a new
>> feature which is now used in B. So in my situation A contains:
>> B version 2.0
>> C version 1.0.6
>>
>> pom of B (2.0) contains
>> C version 1.0.14
>>
>> When I build A, I'd expect 1.0.14 of C to be included through the
>> dependency to B. However, the resulting war contains 1.0.6, which
>> cause B 2.0 to malfunction, because it expects 1.0.14 of C.
>> How can I resolve this issue, without manually version of C in the pom of
>> A?
>
> 3rd option:
> Use a common parent and define the required versions of your dependencies
> there in a dependencyManagement section.
>
> - Jörg

Thought about that, but since A,B,C are all own projects, and this
situation is also common for further 10 projects, I would have to
change the version of parent in all single project poms every week or
so.... I think this will not solve the problem, but create a new one
instead.

Leon