> When I'm running mvn clean compile test pmd:pmd pmd:check my pmd.xml inside
> target dir is empty.
>
> put error-prone souce file directly into src/main/java my build fails. So
> it maybe a problem with lookup of the source files.

This suggests that you've customized your source paths in the pom, is
that right? Why did you do this? Maven is "opinionated" and things
like this should be avoided unless absolutely required.

You probably need to show some more lines from your pom file. Ideally
you'd post it at pastebin.com and send a link here rather than sending
a full pom. BTW this list strips attachments.

Wayne