It should work as I believe that command-line configuration overrides
POM configuration. Haven't tested this specific scenario though.
But it's a bit messy to specify a profile AND then a java system
property to compensate. It will be very close to not understandable
for a newbie in a CI interface where properties and profiles are
configured on separate rows (not a pure Maven issue though).

Looking at the release-profile specified in the Super-POM, it states:
<!-- NOTE: The release profile will be removed from future versions of
the super POM -->
Any one know the thinking behind this comment?

/Anders