I'm wondering what the difference would be between the following two ways of
handling copying of a certain type of maven dependency.  The dependency I'm
talking about is something like, for instance, a self-extracting installer that
I want to bundle with my custom assembly.   I've deployed this installer as a
maven artifact.  Initially, I didn't think  of it as a normal maven dependency,
since it's not a compile dependency, so I set the build up to use the
maven-dependency-plugin:copy mojo.  This works great.  However, I then started
wondering whether I should just declare the dependency in my dependencies and
then use the maven-dependency-plugin:copy-dependencies mojo.

Can anyone provide some insight as to whether either way is better or worse?