thanks for the comment stephen:

I agree, it does seem like a bootstrap or adhoc way of passing which JDK we
need to compile with:

How ever, i made profiles. So you think making profiles is a good way or
not.
i made two profiles and gave the compiler plugin settings differently. So
when i call with -PDEVJDK5  it compiles with jdk 5 or else -PDEVJDK6 in
which case it compiles using the jdk 5

(I had hardcoded the jdk directory path like this )
/
 <profile>
            <id>SITJDK5</id>
            <build>
                <plugins>

                    <plugin>
                        <version>2.3.2</version>
                        <configuration>
                            <source>1.5</source>
                            <target>1.5</target>
                            <verbose>true</verbose>
                            <fork>true</fork>

<executable>D:/IBM/SDP70/jdk/bin/javac</executable>

                        </configuration>
                    </plugin>

                </plugins>

            </build>
        </profile>/

This seemed like a decent way to me. What do you guys think, can we choose
JDK like that and run it like this :

/mvn.bat --also-make --projects com.riyadbank:eCorp-ear clean -PSITJDK5
install/

I just started reading on toolchains so dont know how it will help me.

Thanks
Syed...