Hello All,

After trying to figure out the scm:clearcase: URL structure and getting a
successful message on both scm:validate and scm:update I went and did a
verbose on mvn.bat to see the details:

>* mvn.bat scm:update -X > c:/myscm.log*

even though it was successful i have this issue: There is no link with the
URL in the clearcase scm plugin.

I dont know why i went through with the effort to actually make my URL work.
(and I dont even know if my URL is right) because the plugin never uses the
URL in the first place. it just executes a clear tool command which i can
execute as well through a batch file.

this is the log section where the update command is executed

[DEBUG] Configuring mojo
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-scm-plugin:1.6:update from plugin realm
ClassRealm[plugin>org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-scm-plugin:1.6, parent:
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@f4a24a]
[DEBUG] Configuring mojo
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-scm-plugin:1.6:update' with basic
configurator -->
[DEBUG]   (f) basedir =
D:\cc_views\Username_Local_finApp_Dev\Comps_Local_finApp_vob\finAppWeb
[DEBUG]   (f) connectionType = connection
[DEBUG]   (s) connectionUrl =
scm:clearcase|\\remotehost\ccstg_d\views\CompanyName\Username|load
/Comps_Local_finApp_vob|/Comps_Local_finApp_vob|Local_finApp_Dev
[DEBUG]   (f) developerConnectionUrl =
scm:clearcase|\\remotehost\ccstg_d\views\CompanyName\Username|load
/Comps_Local_finApp_vob|/Comps_Local_finApp_vob|Local_finApp_Dev
[DEBUG]   (s) excludes = target
[DEBUG]   (f) password = mypassword
[DEBUG]   (f) project = MavenProject: com.somcom:finAppWeb:1.0 @
D:\cc_views\Username_Local_finApp_Dev\Comps_Local_finApp_vob\finAppWeb\pom.xml
[DEBUG]   (f) pushChanges = true
[DEBUG]   (f) revisionKey = scm.revision
[DEBUG]   (f) runChangelog = false
[DEBUG]   (f) settings = org.apache.maven.execution.SettingsAdapter@537935
[DEBUG]   (f) username = Username
[DEBUG] -- end configuration --
[INFO] viewName = '//remotehost/ccstg_d/views/CompanyName/Username' ;
configSpec = 'load /Comps_Local_finApp_vob' ; vobName =
'/Comps_Local_finApp_vob' ; streamName = 'Local_finApp_Dev' ; elementName =
'null'
[DEBUG] executing update command...
/*[DEBUG] Executing:
D:\cc_views\Username_Local_finApp_Dev\Comps_Local_finApp_vob\finAppWeb>>cmd.exe
/X /C "cleartool update -f"*/
[DEBUG] Processing dir "Comps_Local_finApp_vob".
[DEBUG] Processing dir "Comps_Local_finApp_vob\lost+found".
[DEBUG] End dir "Comps_Local_finApp_vob\lost+found".
[DEBUG] .
[DEBUG] Processing dir "Comps_Local_finApp_vob\config".
[DEBUG] .........
[DEBUG] End dir "Comps_Local_finApp_vob\config".
[DEBUG] .

and So On>....

I dont mean any disrespect to the ppl who atcually came up with the scm
plugin add on for clearcase, but my question is this:
The URL can be anything even just characters as long as they have a format
for an scm URL. but besides that the clearcase add on ony executes a clear
tool command in the views directory. so why the URL or even the plugin, its
a simple command.

What I was expecting was this: using the clear case plugin, my maven will
connect to the stream/vob in the server and update the view. What it did was
execute a command for which the URl was not necessary at all. I dont think
the password and user name is needed either. (i think the
cleacase-settings.xml is also not used here in this case.)

Is this the normal way of usage of the plugin or am i doing something wrong.
I will appreciate if any one can clear my confusion here.

Thanks ,

Syed...