hi all

there is however something that bothers me:
I wrote a plugin that access the Settings object. That object
is instantiated by maven, and contains the merge of all settings available
(M2_HOME/conf/settings.xml, ~/.m2/settings.xml and "-s settings.xml").
with my plugin, I look after my corporate encoded passwords, decode them,
and update the Settings object with the decoded value.
I linked my plugin with initialize, generate-resources
and process-resources phases. My debug shows me that at the very first
phase (initialize), the Settings object is well updated (password decrypted
using our corporate tool), and the two next phases show the correctly
updated Settings object - having the passwords decrypted.

However, when maven goes for downloading dependencies, it fails because
maven takes the encrypted version of the password. IMHO, I think that maven
reads again the settings.xml file, whether it should use the Settings
object.

Has someone some feedback for that?

thanks for your reading