I am converting a convoluted ant build to maven. It has a large number of
functional tests, mostly built on either TestNG or the now-deceased author's
private framework, but some on junit. I am running the tests via the antrun
plugin, but it when it hits a junit task, it fails with:

Could not load class (org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JunitTask)
for type junit

I have confirmed that the ant-junit jar is in the classpath (although I'd have
expected all ant task jars to be there automatically). What do I need to do to
get this to work? And no, I cannot simply move these tests to let maven run
them normally - the test build is a horrible mess.