For the record, I ended recreating "mvn release:perform" with a shell script that accepts commandline parameters instead of the release.properties that Maven looks for.

Regards,
Daniel Serodio

Daniel Serodio wrote:
We have a Jenkins instance that I'd like to use to make releases, but because of our company's security policy, it can't access GitHub (our "main" git repo). We also have a "git.intranet" repo that pulls every commit from GitHub via a post-receive hook, and Jenkins pulls from git.intranet.

What I'd like to do it run release:prepare from my computer (which can access GitHub normally), and release:perform from Jenkins.

Is this feasible? Would you suggest a different setup?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel Serodio