Hi All,

We have decided that we would like to release configured artifacts from our
scm. I am looking at the most suitable way to do this with maven3.

Use Case:
We have released v2.5.1.0 or our webapp. We would like to take v2.5.1.0,
make a change to the configuration (i.e. a <property>), check that into the
SCM and then release that as v2.5.1.1 (or we could even use
2.5.1.${buildNumber})

Additionally:
We need to release different artifacts for each release for different
target environments LATEST, DEV, UAT, PRODUCTION.

What is the best way to achieve this, and (if possible) are classifiers a
suitable way to distinguish LATEST, DEV, UAT, PRODUCTION configured
artifacts?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew