Yeah they are config files, I just wanted a simple way to reference them in
my code, i.e:

ClassLoader classLoader = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader();
InputStream is = classLoader.getResourceAsStream("config.properties");

I think what I should do is reference the file based on an environmental
variable, which I will set both locally and on the production server.
Plus having an EV let's other projects reference things in a more uniform
way.

you agree?