I often will create a "local" aggregator project which contains all the
related projects I am working on.

I don't check that "local" aggregator project into source control, and I
throw it away when I am done with that and ready to move onto something
else.

If you go with tis route, then the only reason the modules are in your
"MyMultiModuleProject" is because you want to work on all of them at the
same time. ;-)

-Stephen