On 24 April 2012 03:02, Andrew Hughes <ahhug...@gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, I found a way to confirm...
>
> <activeProfiles> are always active!!!! Exactly what I wanted as documented
> :)
>
> However, the problem persisted... until...
>
> I noticed that builds on the command line worked fine, as did 'install'
> e.t.c from within eclipse. However, the m2eclipse dependencies refused to
> update. Is it possible that the eclipse plugin has some internal cache that
> holds into dependencies and overrides those from maven? I also tried maven
> -> update dependencies, fail, I also did maven -> update project
> configuration, fail.... then I did maven -> update project configuration +
> force update of Snapshot / Releases..... SUCCESS.
>
> Why would m2e have a difference update/cache policy on dependencies to that
> of maven?

I would suspect because the session never ends, and there is checking once
per session only if the update policy demands it

You can get the very same behaviour from a very very long running Maven
build, where the snapshot is resolved once during the build only, even if
plugins further in the build do explicit resolves.