> It's not an issue with the makefile, coz' it executes properly when run
> independently. It compiles my source file and creates a .exe.

I assure you -- it is an issue with your makefile. You most likely
just need to add a call to "clean" in there so make thinks it needs to
build things again:
all: clean hello

> *Now, I want to trigger this makefile through Maven. The compilation will be
> done by the makefile and not Maven. Maven should just trigger it.*
>
> It creates a .jar file. I am confused!

Maven creates jar files for projects configured to create a jar which
is the default. What were you expecting Maven to create if not a jar
file?

Please follows the advice of others and look into the nar plugin.

Wayne