> Another way to handle this might be to set the conflicting libraries as
> "provided" on both systems and make up run-time jars that are installed
> in the container's (tomcat or Websphere)  shared library.
> This way you could run the same WARs on both environments.
> You would just need an assembly project for each environment to build
> the right set of dependencies to provide.

Ron's approach is sound. Another way to handle this is via separate
artifacts -- so one might be called product-tomcat and another is
product-ws7 and a third is product-jbossee.

I'd probably prefer Ron's approach to this, to be honest. But this is
also viable. I am definitely not a fan of using profiles to decide
which dependencies come in to your build (and then maybe pushing them
out with classifiers etc) -- that is a total nonstarter for me.

Wayne