Hi,
I'm currently trying port a Java desktop project to Android using maven.
It has several modules which have different dependencies.
As the Android Java Runtime doesn't have packages such as awt or swing, i needed to exclude some sources for that build and preprocess others, which kind of works using munge-maven-plugin.

However, when it comes to incompatible dependencies, i tried to use two different profiles to exclude them from the android build (and create jars with different classifiers).

But this doesn't work as profiles are not respected during dependency resolution, see this bug:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1388

It seems nobody cares about this, so I'm wondering if there's another possible solution besides creating a separate pom.xml for every module...