This is an interesting topic of interest. We would like to do a similar thing
with our DB passwords that are in our POMs. Are there any other options other
than the ones described?

-----Original Message-----
From: shaun.t.erick...@accenture.com [mailto:shaun.t.erick...@accenture.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 7:49 PM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: RE: How can I eliminate these embedded username and password entries?

Thank you for the suggestions, everyone. Based on them, I have done/will do
this.

1) For now, I moved the three properties out of the POM files and into the
settings.xml file. That at least keeps all the information in one file, should
I wish to change it.
2) I will talk to our developers about using the maven-remote-resources-plugin
as a better way to handle these resources. This would eliminate the need for
those three properties.
3) I will look into encrypting the passwords in settings.xml.

Thank you for all your help. :)

-ste