> So your problem is with the unzip stage where it is creating a top level
> directory and putting the files in it instead of exporting just the files
> into the
> output directory?
> Perhaps you want to share your current method of doing that?

Hey Ron.  It's not that it's creating a top level directory, the zip contains a
top level directory.

My method is nothing more than this:

                <dependencySet>
                        <useProjectArtifact>false</useProjectArtifact>
                        <includes>

<include>org.apache.tomcat:apache-tomcat</include>
                        </includes>
                        <unpack>true</unpack>
                        <outputDirectory>catalina_base/myApp</outputDirectory>
                </dependencySet>

So, what happens here is that the tomcat distribution is a zip, and it's root
folder is "apache-tomcat-5.5.35".  I'd like the contents of that folder dumped
into my target output directory, but it, of course, just unzips the archive
into that folder, leaving me with an extra folder I want to eliminate.

FYI: I'm trying to create an assembly that prepares a zip of my tomcat app
deployment following best practice separation of CATALINA_HOME from
CATALINA_BASE.  This requires me create a pure version of the dist, under
CATALINA_HOME, and a modified version of the dist, under CATALINE_BASE.