On 02/06/2012, at 12:30 AM, Stephen Connolly wrote:

> Oh I know about that but it prevents the live editing that is possible
> by using the jszip packaging type.
With the MJS setup, it is normal to edit the js files having previously invoked
"mvn jetty:run" on the command line. In another terminal, if you simply "mvn
process-test-resources" then the updated files become incrementally available
to Jetty. MJS automatically configures Jetty's context path to pick up
target/classes and target/test-classes and serve them from the one context.
We're also integrating with m2e in order to leverage its incremental bindings
so that this becomes entirely automatic.

Jason Van Zyl's Tesla project provides a means of watching the file system for
changes and invoking goals on Maven. I'll be investigating that further shortly.

I think it is great that you're actively developing JS capabilities with Maven.
It would be superb to collaborate on the MJS project and make it achieve your
goals. Please feel free to get in touch directly so that we can see what areas
of commonality there are.

Kind regards,
Christopher