Hello  all,
sorry to bump ... :-(
but I'm still having issues understanding what's wrong with the maven
dependency plugin and maven 3...
I attached a pom to demonstrate the problem :
Using maven 3,
1) do a mvn package
2) then do a mvn
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.4:purge-local-repository
-Dverbose=true   -DresolutionFuzziness=version -U

You will see the following output :
[INFO] --- maven-dependency-plugin:2.4:purge-local-repository
(default-cli) @ pof ---
[WARNING] Missing POM for javax.servlet:servlet-api:jar:2.5
[INFO] Skipping: pof. It cannot be resolved.
[INFO] Nothing to do for project: net.dahanne:pof:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT

But I can tell you javax.servlet:servlet-api:jar:2.5 has a pom, and is
already installed in the local maven repository.

Could you guys share some light on this ? I think the maven dependency
plugin is not working fine with maven 3 , as opposed to what the
documentation says :
 https://cwiki.apache.org/MAVEN/maven-3x-plugin-compatibility-matrix.html

Thanks,
Anthony