I can't get the Maven resources plugin to filter.  Any advice?  I've looked
through the documentation, but I can't find any complete examples.  Below it
what I've managed to piece together, but it doesn't work.

./pom.xml:
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0";
http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd";>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

  <name>seeingi-lib</name>
  <groupId>org.seeingi</groupId>
  <artifactId>seeingi-lib</artifactId>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <packaging>jar</packaging>

  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>2.5</version>
        <configuration>
          <resources>
            <resource>
              <filtering>true</filtering>
            </resource>
          </resources>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>

</project>

./src/main/resources/hello.txt:
Hello @name@
Hello ${name}

Expected at ./target/classes/hello.txt:
Hello seeingi-lib
Hello seeingi-lib

Actual at ./target/classes/hello.txt:
Hello @name@
Hello ${name}

Notes:
I've tested this on MacOS and windows.  Windows I used Netbeans, and on MacOS I
used "mvn install".  (MacPorts version Apache Maven 3.0.3 (r1075438; 2011-02-28
09:31:09-0800)

Does anyone what I'm doing wrong, or a working and complete example?