Hi Chris,

> Is there a neat way I could get Maven to perform a recursive build
> that looks on the filesystem to find -SNAPSHOT dependency projects
> and builds them?
> I'm familiar with Maven plugin development, but haven't yet found
> any clues toward a solution in the Maven / Aether documentation.

I'd suggest you use a CI system such as Jenkins for that purpose:

Jenkins parses the pom.xml files on Maven projects and automatically
detects dependencies between jobs. If you start a certain job, Jenkins
automatically triggers builds on all dependent subjobs, quite similar to
what you want to achieve.

I'd recommend to install the Upstream Downstream Column Plugin that adds
two quite useful columns to Jenkins' job list: one that lists all "parent"
jobs, and another with all subjobs as far as Jenkins has detected them.

HTH

Thorsten