Hi

I have a WAR project, but the plugin is currently driving me crazy :)

What i want to archive:
Do not install/deploy the generated SNAPSHOT-WAR file, just the packaged JAR
file out of the classes.
But of course it needs to be packaged/exploded for being local runnable per
default.

I thought i could use

>            <plugin>
>                <artifactId>maven-jar-plugin</artifactId>
>                <executions>
>                    <execution>
>                        <phase>package</phase>
>                        <goals>
>                            <goal>jar</goal>
>                        </goals>
>                    </execution>
>                </executions>
>            </plugin>
>            <plugin>
>                <artifactId>maven-war-plugin</artifactId>
>                <executions>
>                    <execution>
>                        <phase>package</phase>
>                        <goals>
>                            <goal>war</goal>
>                        </goals>
>                        <configuration>
>                            <primaryArtifact>false</primaryArtifact>
>                            <classifier>local</classifier>
>                            <archiveClasses>true</archiveClasses><!-- include
> the classes as JAR inside the WAR -->
>                            <attachClasses>false</attachClasses><!-- package
> additional -classes.jar -->
>                            [...]
>                        </configuration>
>                    </execution>
>                </executions>
>            </plugin>

But what i see is, that
1) the default-war goal is ALWAYS executed, and
2) the primaryArtifact=false does not work, always installing the file

> [INFO] --- maven-war-plugin:2.2:war (default-war) @ myproject ---     <--
> always executed
> [INFO] Packaging webapp
> [INFO] Assembling webapp [myproject] in
> [C:\Users\myuser\myproject\target\myproject-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT]
> [INFO] Processing war project
> [INFO] Copying webapp resources [C:\Users\myuser\myproject\src\main\webapp]
> [INFO] Webapp assembled in [25300 msecs]
> [INFO] Building war:
> C:\Users\myuser\myproject\target\myproject-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.war
> [INFO] WEB-INF\web.xml already added, skipping
> [INFO]
> [INFO] --- maven-jar-plugin:2.4:jar (default) @ myproject ---
> [INFO] Building jar:
> C:\Users\myuser\myproject\target\myproject-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
> [INFO]
> [INFO] --- maven-war-plugin:2.2:war (default) @ myproject ---    <-- my
> specified configuration
> [INFO] Packaging webapp
> [INFO] Assembling webapp [myproject] in
> [C:\Users\myuser\myproject\target\WebRoot-local]
> [INFO] Processing war project
> [INFO] Copying webapp webResources
> [C:\Users\myuser\myproject\src/main/config] to
> [C:\Users\myuser\myproject\target\WebRoot-local]
> [INFO] Copying webapp webResources
> [C:\Users\myuser\myproject\src/main/webapp/WEB-INF] to
> [C:\Users\myuser\myproject\target\WebRoot-local]
> [INFO] Copying webapp resources [C:\Users\myuser\myproject\src\main\webapp]
> [INFO] Building jar:
> C:\Users\myuser\myproject\target\WebRoot-local\WEB-INF\lib\myproject-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
> [INFO] Webapp assembled in [6390 msecs]
> [INFO] Building war:
> C:\Users\myuser\myproject\target\myproject-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-local.war
> [INFO] WEB-INF\web.xml already added, skipping

With above config i get the classes jar and 2xWARs :/
Same for using no WAR execution; configuring on plugin level -> 1xWAR
(default-war) always installed
Playing with archiveClasses & attachClasses does not work either.
Any other ideas to achieve this?
There is no skip parameter, i guess? (or a buildhelper:detach-atrifacts?)
So the WAR file is ALWAYS generated and attached b/c of <type>war</type> ??

The only workaround I've found so far is declaring the project as
<type>jar</type>.
But executing the WAR plugin in package phase STILL attaches it....

TIA,
Myron