Hello Chad,

I think the behavior is the same, here's what I did:

* I built multi-module project with mvn clean install - now all artifact
are in my local repository.
* I changed directory to the "top-level" module, which depends on other
modules in the project and executed mvn clean install -U - Maven went to
the remote repository for maven-metadata.xml.

The only thing to check is whether Maven does the same next day without -U
option. But I think it's logical that Maven checks for updates even for
locally installed snapshots - otherwise, if you installed snapshot locally,
it would block updates from remote repository.

Regards,
htfv (Aliaksei Lahachou)