hi
I new to maven project and first time i to runand install maven
I followed the following steps which instruct by apache maven

   1. Add the M2_HOME environment variable by opening up the system
   properties (WinKey + Pause), selecting the "Advanced" tab, and the
   "Environment Variables" button, then adding the M2_HOME variable in the
   user variables with the value *C:\Program Files\apache-maven-3.0.4*
   2. In the same dialog, add the M2 environment variable in the user
   variables with the value %M2_HOME%\bin.
   3. In the same dialog, update/create the Path environment variable in
   the user variables and prepend the value %M2% to add Maven available in
   the command line.
   4. In the same dialog, make JAVA_HOME in user variables  with the
value C:\Program
   Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_21 and that %JAVA_HOME%\bin is in your Path environment
   variable.
   5. Open a *new* command prompt (Winkey + R then type cmd) and run mvn
   --version to verify that it is correctly installed.

*C:\Users\sahil>mvn --version*
'mvn' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file

if the directory is changes to* C:\Program Files\apache-maven-3.0.4\bin>*
then it runs .

now please tell me what is problem when i try to issue a command  from *
C:\Users\sahil>* directory
--
Regards
Rahul Bhalla