Von: Eric Kolotyluk [mailto:eric.koloty...@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 15. August 2012 21:55
An: Maven Users List
Betreff: Re: Best Practices for Passwords and Usernames

OK, now I see why I cannot find any documentation for what I want. 3 different
people misunderstood what I was asking for. I must be asking it wrong, or
thinking about it wrong.

Basically, when I have a situation where I have some username and password for
the scm plugin, where do I store such information, and how do I configure the
scm plugin, the release plugin, etc. to find that information?

I was reading
http://www.mosabuam.com/2009/10/company-super-pom-a-maven-practice and he says
to put the passwords in your settings.xml file, but I have no idea what his
intent is without any tangible example.

Cheers, Eric