Just because I am checking out modules from different svn repos does not mean
my project structure is broken.

IE if I moved all to the same repo the project would work perfectly as you
pointed out. Just because these dependent modules live in different svn repos
should not make a difference.

Mainly why shouldn't I be able to override the release plugin for the repo2
stuff to tag in repo2.  Basically repo1 does it's release based on its poms
properties, and repo2 child of main overrides main poms release and properties.

In the end yes I could release stuff from repo1 then update versions on repo2
and release. But that is really a work around to a limitation on the release
plugin.

Sent from my iPhone