You should probably be looking into parallelizing your tests :) .

Either through using the parallel attribute of surefire or or
forkMode=perThread.

( see http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/test-mojo.html)

forkMode=perThread is probably the easiest to get going with, but the
payoff is larger
with the parallel flag. You only need to watch out for singleton stutt
(tcp ports, files)
when trying to run parallel.

Kristian