Hum, I'm having trouble getting this to work.  I generated the self signed
cert on the server using IIS and then on the client ran this command:

keytool -import -keystore server1cert -file c:/server1cert.cer

It says it imported it fine but I still get the same error using the maven
release plugin.  I thought it might be because the cert has the server name
not the IP as the CN entry so I changed the maven pom to use the server
name (in the SCM URL) instead but that didn't fix the problem not just
complains using the server name instead of the IP in the connection URL.

Also I do have lots of Java versions (jre & jdk) and wasn't positive which
was used by maven so I added it to several...didn't help.

What am I missing?

-Dave