In that case WAR Overlays[1] come into picture.

Markku

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/overlays.html

On 09/25/2012 05:57 PM, nskmda wrote:
Well, okay, I read that instruction.

But I may also need to have a WAR artifact including all dependent EJBs in
case I want to deploy it as WAR only, no EAR.

In this case I still need to preserve original WAR dependencies.
And I need m-ear-p to strip them if they're a listed as EAR dependencies
(when I configure m-ear-p to produce "skinnyWar" modules).

This doesn't really work.
Whatever <type>jar</type> dependencies I have in my EAR artifact get
stripped from the WAR.

But no <type>ejb</type> EAR dependencies get stripped from WAR.
And I can't do a <type>jar</type> on them because I will loose the
<ejbModule> capability (to generate proper application.xml).

I guess, there was something in mind when making m-ear-p to skip those
<type>ejb</type> dependencies when stripping down WAR artifact.