On Thu, September 27, 2012 1:49 pm, Karl Heinz Marbaise wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> With e.g. 2.1.1-RC.1-SNAPSHOT
> I've never seen a version marker like this..

It is definitely not common yet but imho it is actually better than the
below used version without the dot delimiter. More importantly this is
what http://semver.org 2.0 recommends so Maven should imho support it.

>> or 2.1.1-RC1-SNAPSHOT the release plugin
>
> This works...after 2.1.1-RC1-SNAPSHOT it will become
> 2.1.1-RC2-SNAPSHOT, 2.1.1-RC3-SNAPSHOT and so on...

Really weird. When I tried last time it did not seem to work, but I tried
again now and it works ok. So I guess for now I have to recommend that
scheme against semver.org.

Should I file a bug to support semver.org for the release plugin, you think?

manfred