From: Jarrell, Maury [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 10:55 AM
To: 'Maven Users List'
Subject: RE: Is there a way to separate maven's repository from my
reposit ory?

Hi, Craig,

Doesn't Maven's use imply "certification" of the libraries it uses?  In
other words, why would you approve Maven's use, and thus its dependencies,
and not certify those dependencies for use in other ways?

I am very new to Maven and may not understand your issue at all, but I run
Maven on a server with no internet access.  I, somewhat tediously,
downloaded all the jars Maven needed to a local repository and then manually
added dependencies from my project.  If my organization dictated that there
was to be only one repository, then the only way for any other developer to
add a library would be to go through whatever process we set up to get one
manually added.  Thoughts?

Maury