On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 11:22 PM, Barrie Treloar <baerr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you are just serving it from jetty you could use
>
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/examples/copying-artifacts.html
> to copy the aggregate jar into the web directory?
>
> Trying to wedge dependencies into this round hole may not be your best
> option.

I happen to be using the unpack option to stuff it into the child jar at
the moment, but in either case don't I still need to declare it as a
dependency in order to use unpack or copy from a subproject? Otherwise, I
won't have any guarantee that Maven has built the javadoc by the time it
gets to copying or unpacking it since it's not part of the dependency graph.

It's not so much that I'm trying to wedge it into a round hole, but I need
an artifact to be built in the aggregator and to use it in the child. It
happens that this isn't a java artifact. If it's valid to do that without
declaring that dependency, then perhaps that fixes my problem (I'll
experiment with it), but hiding that information from the dependency graph
seems like I'd be asking for a successful build based on a lucky ordering
of the dependency graph.

--
Chris Conroy