Hey guys,

I have a question regarding the maven dependencies section.

In order to put a dependency on a test jar, is it correct to specify

I specified a dependency on project bar from project foo using <type>test<test>
in a dependency section and the maven eclipse plugin ran successfully and
eclipse set up my projects so that the module recognizes, but mvn package gives
the following error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project statistics: Could not resolve
dependencies for project com.mojiva:foo:jar:1.9.0-SNAPSHOT: Could not find
artifact com.mojiva:bar:test:1.9.0-SNAPSHOT in mojiva

If I change it, to test-jar, the error goes away.

I know I have used <type>test</type> in the past and not had an issue.  Did it
change?

Also, I can't find the documentation on this. A pointer to the docs would be
helpful.

Thanks to all!

John Kramer
email: jkra...@mojiva.com<mailto:jkra...@mojiva.com>