On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 9:44 AM, Javier Ortiz <javier.ortiz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I did go through all that documentation previous to posting the question
> but in Stackoverflow and in the list. I replied to your answer and will do
> here as well:
>
> I did read it and tried that as well, but the getCompileSourceRoots()
> returns empty list. I was expecting the src/main/java at leaset but no
> luck. I already took a look at the maven-compiler-plugin and the way they
> do it but is equivalent to getting the MavenProject and calling
> getCompileSourceRoots() but also gives an empty list. The project I'm
> trying has one source file in the default src/main/java path.

Is your mojo bound to a phase correctly?
Its been a while since I've gone hacking in this space.

Have a look at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/trunk/maven-eclipse-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugin/eclipse/EclipsePlugin.java
in the buildDirectoryList():
        extractSourceDirs( mainDirectories,
project.getCompileSourceRoots(), basedir, projectBaseDir, false, null
);

Why dont you check out the maven-eclipse-plugin project and
* attach some debug output at the spots that are similar to where it
doesn't work in your code and see if you can figure out what is not
working.
* morph it to a skeleton of what you are trying to do.

That should give you enough to work out how to build your own mojo.