Responding to all, as MVERSIONS-200 is important enough to flag the
potential issue if you are using deprecated properties (the ones that Maven
3 warns you about if you use them)

@Dennis Wheeler: I suspect you have hit
https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MVERSIONS-200

The "right" thing to do is to update your poms replacing:
 ${pom.parent.groupId} with ${project.parent.groupId}
 ${pom.parent.artifactId} with ${project.parent.artifactId}
 ${pom.parent.version} with ${project.parent.version}
 ${pom.groupId} with ${project.groupId},
 ${pom.artifactId} with ${project.artifactId},
 ${pom.version} with ${project.version},
 ${parent.groupId} with ${project.parent.groupId}
 ${parent.artifactId} with ${project.parent.artifactId}
 ${parent.version} with ${project.parent.version}
 ${groupId} with ${project.groupId},
 ${artifactId} with ${project.artifactId},
 ${version} with ${project.version},

as that will ensure that your poms are compatibile with future versions of
Maven.

It is still to be decided whether to roll a patch release of 2.0 with
workaround code for this (use of deprecated properties) edge case.

-Stephen