Hello,

I'm trying to make use of plexus-compiler-eclipse by setting

<plugin>
        <version>3.0</version>
        <configuration>
                <compilerId>eclipse</compilerId>
        </configuration>
        <dependencies>
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>org.codehaus.plexus</groupId>
                        <artifactId>plexus-compiler-eclipse</artifactId>
                        <version>2.0</version>
                </dependency>
        </dependencies>
</plugin>

in pom.xml.

mvn compile

works, but in fact I still have errors in my code (I'm actually porting an ant
and xdoclet based project to maven).
But instead of getting errors I see a lot of warnings and build succeeds.

The warnings are not only about

"Hashtable is a raw type. References to generic type Hashtable<K,V> should be
parameterized"

which I'd expect as a warning only, but also

"Type mismatch: cannot convert from Object to MyBusinessFacadeRemote"
or
"MyBusinessServlet cannot be resolved"
or
"Unreachable catch block for RemoteException. This exception is never thrown
from the try statement body"
or
"The import foo.bar.Bla cannot be resolved"

or even whole types (formerly xdoclet generated types I partially need to
create manually by myself and haven't done yet).
These I'd expect to pop up as an error and fail the build. Instead it's only
printed as a warning and build continues.

Am I configuring maven-compiler-plugin - and plexus-compile-eclipse - the wrong
way?
Or is plexus-compiler-eclipse not raising these errors as such at all, which
would render it quite a bit useless at the moment?
--
Thanks in advance,
and best regards,

Peter